Thanks to Moth of the Day for tagging me! I’ve been so busy the past week that my plans for the blog this month were too much effort, so a nice tag where someone tells me what to post is just what I needed.
I also want to thank Naemi @ A Book Owl’s Corner for tagging me in the Sunshine Blogger Award around the same time. I didn’t think I’d get around to doing two tags with similar premises (I’d have to come up with 18 questions total if I did both!), so I decided to just do the one with fewer questions. But you should check out Naemi’s Sunshine Award post! She introduced me to the song “Bleeding Out,” which led to me getting really into Imagine Dragons recently!
- Provide the link to the creator’s original award post.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 bloggers. Neither the award’s creator nor the blogger that nominated you can be nominated.
- At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
Here are the questions I got!
1. So…opinions on Morgan le Fey and Mordred (the more involved the better, in fact)?
I have always been ride or die for Morgan le Fey. In any retelling as soon as she shows up, good guy or villain, I’m like It’s her! My favorite character in this book/show/movie!
One of my favorite books when I was younger was I Am Morgan le Fay by Nancy Springer. I read it so many times, which is a little weird because it’s kind of a tragic book which wasn’t my vibe when I was younger. Anyway look at that cover! This book was published in 2002 and by G-d it shows. But I loved it. It’s still on my shelf, a floppy paperback with its edges worn white and creases all across its photoshop-crime of a cover.
My opinion on Mordred is perhaps best symbolized by the fact that I Am Morgan le Fay has a companion novel about Mordred, which I read one (1) time and didn’t even finish because it depressed me so much that I got anxious. Compare that to all my rereads of Morgan le Fay! When it comes to Mordred, I guess I tend to think well that’s tragic, but also kind of boring.
2. Who is the one character to rule them all in Avatar: The Last Airbender?
Katara. I feel like that marks me as basic, or perhaps just betrays that I pick my favorites early, but it’s true. I may love Zuko’s story arc the best, but like… I’m always on Katara’s side. She’s always right! I don’t care if she puts them all in danger by stealing a scroll from pirates, Katara! is! right! And The Painted Lady is maybe my favorite episode.
So you will probably not be surprised to hear that I was a total Zutara shipper. But lately Zukka art has taken my tumblr dashboard hostage and it’s too good and making me ship it, so I’m having an identity crisis.
3. Do you feel sorry for Azula because she’s a child soldier, or do you hate her because she’s, like…an actual monster?
I don’t think I ever hated her, because I loved her as a villain. But I don’t know if I felt sorry for her when I first watched the show. I’ve seen more analysis of her character on tumblr that’s colored my view of her since then, so now I would say that I do feel somewhat sorry for her, growing up in that family and environment.
4. Do authors behaving badly make you reconsider their work that you like, and if so, what’s the line for you?
Yeah, even if it doesn’t stop me from re/reading their stuff it’s gonna change how I interpret their work. I don’t know what the line is for me, it’s not like I have a set of rules in my head that I follow. I just do what feels right, and what will minimize supporting someone who spread harmful messages.
5. Who’s your favorite mythological/folkloric female character who has historically been portrayed in a negative light?
I don’t know if she’s my favorite, but JUSTICE FOR HERA.
6. What’s your favorite song not sung in English?
I’m going to go with the Sailor Moon theme song right now. I’ve been watching Sailor Moon for the first time over the past two months, and maybe it’s just the way you bond to things when you’re going through a tough time, but it’s so comforting to me now. Hearing the intro just makes me relax. Also, it slaps, and so do all songs used in credits.
7. Rec your favorite diverse fantasy novels (yes this isn’t a question just go with it).
Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova, Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller, The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco!
- What book should have a fancy illustrated edition?
- If you got to blurb your favorite book, what would your quote be?
- What book character would run a super popular tumblr and what would they post?
- What’s your favorite fairytale/story/legend to read retellings of?
- Describe the last book you finished in AO3 tags style
- What series should have spines that make an image when put together, and what image would it be?
- Do you associate certain songs with certain characters?
- Lulu @ Library Leopard
- Noura @ The Perks of Being Noura
- Althea @ Althea Reads
- Grey @ Use Your Words
- Siena @ Booksophobia
- Margaret @ Weird Zeal
- Rach @ Anxious Nachos
- Kayla @ Thousands of Pages
…If you want to do it! I hope these are fun questions!